Leagues of Women Voters
of the Salinas Valley and of the Monterey Peninsula
- The default map shows likely Republican states in red and likely Democratic states in blue, based on the vote in 2000. States in which the 2000 popular vote was within 8% are gray and are denoted as battleground states.
- Click on a state to change its vote and watch the slider bar below the map. The candidate who gets 270 or more electoral votes wins!
- Mousing over a state will show the popular vote for that state for the last 3 elections.
- To reset the map, click on one of the years below the map: 1992, 1996, 2000, or 2004.
- Third party candidates are shown if they received more than 10% of the total popular vote.
- Some states have gained or lost electoral votes since the 2000 election; the 2004 electoral college is used in all cases.
Please send your questions, comments or feedback to Arlene Guest at: email@example.com